Terms And Condition
- This document is an electronic record generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signature.
- Persons who are incompetent to contract within the meaning of Indian Contract act, 1872 including minors, insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Application. Any visit or use of the Application shall be treated as representation of being competent to enter a contract.
- The Application is not intended for Users connecting to the Application from a jurisdiction which prohibits online games involving stakes.,
The Application is prohibited to be downloaded or used by Users residing in the states of (1) Assam under Assam Game and Betting Act, 1970, (2) Orissa under Orissa (Prevention) of Gambling Act, 1955 (3) Telangana under Telangana State Gaming (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017(4) Sikkim and (5) Nagaland.
If any other State in India introduces any law or amendment in existing law prohibiting games involving stakes, then in such cases individuals from such states shall be prohibited from using or downloading the Application.
The Company shall not accept registration of individuals residing in the aforementioned states and if an individual fraudulently becomes a User of the Application, then the Company reserves the right to immediately terminate the account of such User. Further, such User shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates and their officers, employees, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damage and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from breach of this provision.
Subject to the above clause, the Application is allowed to be downloaded or used by citizens of India only. Citizens and / or residents of countries other than India are prohibited to use the Application.
- Games of skill are excluded from the ambit of gambling legislations in India, including the Public Gambling Act of 1867. The Supreme Court of India has held in the case of State of Bombay v. RMD Chamarbaugwala A.I.R. 1957 S.C. 699 that a game where success depends on substantial degree of skill despite the presence of an element of chance, such games are not considered “gambling” and are classified as “games of skills”. Further in the case of KR Lakshmanan v. State of Tamil Nadu A.I.R. 1996 S.C. 1153, it was held that a game in which success depends predominantly upon the superior knowledge, training, attention, experience and adroitness of the player shall be classified as game of skill.
- The Quizzes available on the Application are games of skill as the Users shall depend primarily on their skill and knowledge in participating and contesting in such Quizzes. By participating in a Quiz, the User acknowledges that he / she is participating in a game of skill.
- In order to use the Application and to play the Quizzes on the Application, the User must first download the Application and create an account by signing up on the
- The User who chooses to sign up on the Application and provide data, shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the User ID and Password.
- On successful signing up, the User as the case may be, will be able to access his / her own account by using his/hermobile number and password chosen during the signing up process. The User shall be responsible for all activities that occur under his / her User ID and Password.
- Further, such the User agrees, inter alia, to
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information as prompted by the Application’s signing up from while registering (such information being the “Signing Up Data”)
- Maintain and promptly update the Signing Up Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete at all times.
- Immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of password or account or any other actual or suspected breach of security: and
- Ensure that logging out from account at the end of each session.
- At the first step of the signing up process, the Application may require the following personal identifiable information to be provided, including without limitation to:
- Mobile Number (verification OTP will be sent to verify)
- Display Name
- Email Address
- Age Undertaking while accepting this terms & conditions
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from failure of the User to comply with this clause. The Company shall not be liable for any unauthorized hacking of the Application leading to leakage and misuse of personal information.
- The User shall not select a user name, user ID, mobile number and / or email address, of any other person with the intent to impersonate that person or use a user ID or a name subject to any rights of any other person without appropriate authorization. The Company reserves the right to refuse registration of or cancel registration of such user ID in its discretion.
- The Company does not levy any Signing Up fees for the purpose of registration on the Application.
- In the event that an individual is a resident of any of the states mentioned above such as Assam, Odisha, Telangana, Nagaland or Sikkim, if he/she takes wrong undertaking while accepting the terms and conditions, the final process of completing the account verification will require them to submit proof such as PAN Number & PAN image, Bank Information i.e. Account Holder Name, Account Number & IFSC code where if he/she found to be resident of the above mentioned states, the application will be rejected & the accounts for such contestant will be blocked until they furnish further more details via. email email@example.com. while entering an address that he / she is a resident of either Assam, Orissa, Telangana, such individual shall not be permitted to proceed to sign up on the Application.
Winners and Prize Money
- All the Quizzes are time based and the Users shall win on the basis of providing correct answers with greater speed. The contestant out of the 6 contestants, who gives correct answer fastest of all wins that particular question and is equally eligible to play next question until he/she wins the final question.
- The Company reserves the right to select and declare the winners, the criteria of declaring the winners in the event more than one users has submitted correct answer with exact amount of time (the timer will be milliseconds i.e. 3 decimal) taken to submit the answers.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that the rank list displayed to the User at any point of time or at the end of the Quiz may not be updated due to software or technical issues and the Company shall not be responsible for any such issues.
- The decision of the Companyshall be final, binding and non-contestable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The prize money shall not be assignable or transferable and nor is any substitution permitted. Further, the Company shall in no event be liable to award any prize in lieu of or in addition to the prize money for any reason whatsoever.
- All taxes, levies and duties due and owning under applicable and statutory laws in connection with the prize money, if any, shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. Prize money of Users shall be considered as income of the Users under the Income Tax Act, 1961 and shall be subject to TDS, taxes and / or other levies, cess etc. as per applicable law. The Company shall not be liable for payment of any tax on the prize money.
- Bank Verification – is a one time process which is mandatory in order to credit the winning amount from game account to bank account as and when user wants.
- PAN Verification – is a onetime process which is mandatory in order to deduct taxes as applicable under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Deposits and Withdrawls
- While using the Application, the User will be required to deposit money in the Application (hereinafter referred to as “Deposits”) and also required to receive money from the Company (hereinafter referred to as “Withdrawal”).
- Deposits and Withdrawals shall be processed through third party payment gateway facilitiesand/or Company’s banking platform, including but not limited to Paytm, Mobiwik, PayU, Credit Cards. Debit Cards and / or net banking. In case the User uses virtual wallets like Paytm, the User shall be required to link such virtual wallet to his / her account Application.
- The User understands that the payment facility provided by the Company is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment for transactions on the Application using existing authorized banking infrastructure and payment gateway networks. By providing payment facility, the Company is neither acting as trustee nor acting in fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
- Any amount transferred by the Company to the User shall take upto7 working days to process.
- The Users shall be required to provide valid photo identification and address proof documents to process Withdrawals or Deposits of Users. The name mentioned on the User’s photo identification should correspond with the name provided by the User at that time of signing up, as well as the name and address existing records of the User’s bank account or virtual wallet as provided to the Company. In the event that the details provided by the User are found to be fraudulent or misleading, then the Company reserves the right to forfeit any amount due to the User and initiate civil andcriminal proceedings against such User.
Types of Accounts in QUIZJEETO APP
- Deposits and Withdrawals of a User shall be stored in the virtual account of the Application.
- The Application provides with 2 kinds of virtual accounts in the Application – Ticket Account and Winning Account.
- Ticket Account
- The Ticket Account reflects the Deposits made by the User for the purpose of paying for the tickets to play the quiz and which have not been utilized. It also includes the converted amount
- All amounts credited into the Utilized Account must be utilized within XXX days of its credit. In case any unutilized amount lies in the Utilized Account after the completion of XXX days from the date of credit of such amount, the Company reserves the right to forfeit such unutilized amount, without liability or obligation to pay any compensation to the User.
- Winnings Account
- The Winning Account reflects the credits to such account upon winning a Quiz by the User.
- The User may withdraw an amount from the Winning Account. Any amount to be withdrawn from the Winnings Account shall be subject to verification process as mentioned in Clause XX
- Withdrawal of any amount standing to the User’s credit in the Winnings Account may be made only if the minimum amount is INR 200. Its clarified that in no instance will the Company permit the transfer of any amounts in the User’s accounts to any other category of account held by the User with the Application or any third party account, including a bank account held by a third party.
- Any amount paid or transferred into the User’s Ticket Account may take upto 24 hours to reflect in the user’s Ticket Account.
- A transaction, once confirmed, is final and no cancellation / refund is permissible.
Verification of Winners
- When a User seeks to make withdraw money from his / her account, the Company may require the User to submit certain information and / or documents, including but not limited to copies of PAN card, Aadhar card, Residence proof, Bank Account details to facilitate payment of prize money to User. Prize money received by Winners shall not be withdrawn unless all information and / or documents requested by the Company have been received and verified by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to scrutinize and verify all information and documents submitted and may in its sole discretion disqualify any winner from withdrawing his / her prize money on any of the following conditions :
- Information submitted by the User is incorrect, false or illegible.
- User does not fulfill the Eligibility criteria.
Obligations of the User
- The User shall bear all internet Carrier charges levied for the use of the Application. The User is solely responsible for the efficiency and speed of his / her internet connection and the Company shall not be liable for any loss caused to the User due slow connectivity of the User’s internet connection.
The User shall be solely responsible for maintaining the necessary equipment, internet connections and other related software and technologies requires to use the Application and contest in Quizzes. It is the User’s responsibility to install updates that the Application may require from time to time to use the Application.
The User agrees and acknowledges that his / her participation in a quiz available on the Application is purely voluntary and at his / her own risk. The Company is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the User while participating in a Quiz.
The User acknowledges that User is aware of the fact that by using the Application the User may not win the Quiz and hence may not entitled to any monetary gain and that the Company has no responsibility to the User for any loss of money in the course of using the Application to play Quizzes.
The User agrees and acknowledges that mere participation by a User in a Quiz does not create any obligation on the Company to give him / her a prize. Winning of a prize in any Quiz is entirely dependent on the skill of the User and the rules and regulations of such Quiz.
The User agrees and acknowledges that upon commencement of a Quiz, his / her inability to play the Quiz due to slow or failed internet connections or faulty hardware shall be the sole responsibility of the User and the Company is not liable to refund him / her theticket fees or any other compensation.
The User shall open only one account in his / her name. if the Company discovers that more than one account is being used by a User under his / her own name or any other name, then the Company shall terminate all accounts of the User and forfeit any amount and / or prize present in such accounts.
- The Quiz provided on the Application are for entertainment purpose only and are intended to be played with application of skill
- The Users agree and undertake that they shall use fair means to play the Quiz and shall not collude with other Users or any unfair methods to win or lose.
- The Users shall not play and contest in any Quiz in partnership or by communicating with other Users which might give benefit to other Users.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for any betting or gambling acts that occur outside the Application.
- The User shall not decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the contents of the Application or modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from transfer or sell any information or software obtained from the Application.
- The User shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Application or any other systems of networks connected to the Application or to any server of the Company, to which it has no access, by hacking, password mining or any other illegitimate means.
- Further the User shall not use the Application in any of the following ways.
- Interfere with another person’s use or enjoyment of the Application.
- Transmit or make available that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines, code, files or such other programs that may harm the Application, interests or rights of other users or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunication.
- Access or use the Application in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any of the Application’s servers or the networks connected to any of the servers on which the Application is hosted.
- The User agrees that he / she shall not host, display, upload, publish or transmit any information or content on the Application which is –
- Incomplete, inaccurate, unlawful.
Belongs to another person and over which the User has no right.
Fraudulent, misleading, defamatory, libelous, blasphemous, obscene, pornographic, racial, disparaging, ethically objectionable.
In breach of third party rights, including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights, Right of Privacy, Right of Publicity or any other proprietary information or right or otherwise injurious to third parties.
Involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, unsolicited mass mailing or spamming.
Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states or public order or causes incitement to commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
Directly or indirectly offer or attempt to offer trade any item which is prohibited by the provisions of the applicable laws in force.
- The Company strives to ensure that the all the answers of the questions in the quiz are correct and accurate. However, the Company disclaims any responsibility for any errors and / or inaccuracy of the information that may be contained in the answers.
- The Company makes no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding the content, completeness or adequacy of the answers to questions of any Quiz.
- If any new law or compliance or amendment in existing law is introduced which requires the Company to obtain governmental or statutory licenses or if conduct of online games involving skill are prohibited, then in such case the Company shall terminate the Aoolication immediately without prior notice and the User shall be given a time period of XX days to make Withdrawals from their accounts beyond which all amounts in a User account shall be forfeited. (15 days grace period)
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any Quiz before it goes live or while it is live in case of any technical failures, server crashes, breakdowns, software defects, disruption or malfunction of service, in which case the ticket fees of each User shall be refunded in full in their game wallet.
- The Company is under no obligation to provide prize money winnings from any incomplete tournaments
- Access to the Application will either be at a scheduled time or 24 X 7. However, the User’s access to the Application may be occasionally suspended or restricted for the purpose of repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services at any time without prior notice.
- Without limiting other remedies, the Company may, at its sole discretion, limit activity, immediately, temporarily / indefinitely suspend or terminate or block membership and / or refuse to provide access to the Application in the event, but not limited to :
- If the Company is unable to verify or authenticate the information furnished.
- In such circumstances wherein the Company is of opinion that there is a violation of any law(s) in force.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual Property of the Company includes, but is not limited to, innovations, improvements, processes, technical know-how, techniques, source code of the Company, content made literary and artistic works, schematics, patents, proposed trade secrets, its trademarks, trade names, designs, patents and copyrighted works, notes, agreements / contracts entered by the Company, formulas, in-house software, VPN etc. Intellectual Property of the Company also extends to the content made available by the Company. The Company reserves the right to take any legal recourse available for the protection of its Intellectual Property.
- The User shall not use, receive or copy any source code and look and feel of the Application and shall not reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile or otherwise attempt to derive code of the Application for any purpose.
- Access or use of the Application does not confer and shall not be construed as conferring upon anyone the license to use the Company’s Intellectual Property Rights
Deletion / Termination of Account
- The user is solely responsible for properly deleting his / her account, by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by accessing the link ____________________ on the Application.
- All of the User’s content will immediately be inaccessible from the Application upon deletion. Within XXX days all this content will be permanently deleted from all backups and logs. This information cannot be recovered once it has been permanently deleted.
Right of the Company to monitor the Application
The Company reserves the right to monitor the content available on its Application.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall the Company be liable for any damages resulting from any
- Errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content;
Personal injury or property damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from access to and use of the services including the Application;
Any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and / or any and all personal information stored therein;
Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our servers;
Any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like which may be transmitted to or through the services by any third party;
Any loss of data or content
Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damaged of any kind incurred as a result of the Users utilizing of any content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Applicable, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory;
The User’s failure to keep the password or account details secure and confidential;
- The term force majeure shall include but not be limited to fires, floods, acts of God or the public enemy, embargoes, wars (declared or undeclared), riots, civil commotion, pandemic disease, interference by civil or military authorities, terrorist acts, Government actions, order(s) or request(s) including (without limitation) certification, clearance or other document or any other cause or contingency beyond the control of the Company in any of the aforesaid events.
- The company shall not be liable for failure to perform or any delay in performance of services when and to extent that such failure or delay is due to force majeure.
Any and all services provided by the Company to User are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. The Company disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality and non infringement and all warranties that may arise from course of dealing, course of performance or usage of trade. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company hereby disclaims an and all liability for any damage to or other impact on the User’s equipment, hardware, software, data or other information or materials whether or not caused by or related to (either directly or indirectly) his / her use of the Application including but not limited to claims relating to faulty, malfunctioning or inoperable Application.
- In case of any disputes between the Parties, both Parties agree to negotiate and resolve the dispute amicably vide mutual discussions.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract including any question regarding its existence, interpretation, validity, breach or termination of the business relationship created by it, if is not resolved within 30 days of such discussions amongst the Parties, shall be referred to Arbitration in accordance to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 the seat of which would be situated in Mumbai.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction